What Happens When I Sleep is a blog about the crazy dreams that occur in my head. I am not on drugs; these dreams are all real and I will only update when I remember an interesting dream or if I have an interesting post.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Odd World (long)

The dream started out with me and two other girls that I do not know. We were wrapped in soft blankets and walking up and down my street at three in the morning singing loudly. Eventually a policeman comes but there was no human in the car. The car talks to us. He tells us that we don't have to worry, that we aren't in trouble and then the car disappears. We look at each other and continue to sing. A wounded Husky dog comes out of my neighbor's fence and walks down the driveway and then right back inside. Moments later we all walk into my house very quietly, slowly, and gracefully. As soon as I turn the knob I see neon colored walls, several different rooms and paths to go down. Now the dream is through my eyes, so I never get to see what I look like in the dream. As I continue throughout the lit up house, I meet six other people but I do not actually know what they look like. I've come to realize that they're my roommates. Could this be The Real World? Something similar I suppose. As I venture throughout the house, I see different neon colored walls, and different activities in each room. In the neon pink room, I see a gym. But not a normal gym. There are harnesses and all sorts of acrobatic equipment inside. As I turn around to leave, I notice a man on a harness with an asian baby. I continue on to the bathroom which turns out to be completely white. The doors are as if the bathroom is in a closet. When I rip the doors open, I have to pass through clothes hanging up (Narnia?) and it appears to be a community bathroom with three showers and two toilets sitting in the middle of the room. I shower and then continue on to the next room. As I am walking to the neon yellow room, I walk down a curvy, narrow, neon green hallway. A black man appears and I chase him to the next room. This room is the biggest room yet. It's an arcade  themed room but with games I've never heard of; oddly shaped games I might add. The first game I come across is a light game. I must simply press where the lights appear before they disappear. I veer to the right and notice a game with a naked mole rat drawn on the side. As I look at the people playing the game, I see that the objective is to push a button that bounces the naked mole rat on a trampoline but you must push it until its hair falls out; that's how they become naked. I decide to leave the game room and go into the next room but as I exit the arcade, I wake up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment